Lost all progress

Down for the count for a while due to the covid. Seems I have lost all progress. What is the timeframe for keeping the progress going so this doesn’t happen again.

Thank you,

What do mean by lost all progress?

Did your account reset itself?

I guess so. (More words for twenty letters.)

Sorry to hear you were down for the count, but it sounds like you are getting back into the swing of things and I am glad to hear that.

Progress is associated with an email address. Could you clarify how you are logging in? If you were logging in through an OAuth provider, such as GitHub, can you confirm you haven’t changed or added an email to the GitHub account?

1 Like

These threads might help

I believe that once I made my account with email I only clicked on FCC in my favorites and it went straight to my account every time without a log in process.

Do you remember which email you signed up with? (No need to share the email here, though - protect your private information)

And how did you log in today?

Well, I tried the tried and true way of clicking on FCC in my favorites and it said that there was nothing done in the sections I have done then it said to sign in to save progress, so I clicked on the sign in button and when I entered my email it said it would send me a number which it did, but everything was still blank. Also when I signed into the forum all information was still there. Same email.

And you entered the email that is displayed in your forum account?

Yes, and here is the weird part. I tried the whole process again but this time I decided to do the first exercise. Then it said sign in to your account. I put in the same email, it gave me the same instructions to go to the email account get a number and put it in. Since I copied and pasted both times I did this I know there was no error there. And magically all of my saved progress came back.

I’m happy for miracles, but have no idea why all this happened.

Sounds like it could have been a caching issue. Glad to hear you were able to resolve it. :slightly_smiling_face: