Struggling still with Tribute Page

Hi guys :smiley:

So I decided to try restarting my tribute page and I managed to complete the first step but got stuck for two days onto the second step lol for some reason all the lessons I learned i seem to have already forgotten or didn’t absorb. I’ve tried to redo the lessons but I noticed that I’ve been getting more and more discouraged. I went from studying everyday for 4 hours to studying an hour every other day because of how frustrating and tiring it can get figuring out codes. I am wondering I contemplated skipping HTML & CSS projects and jumping into Javascript but I don’t want to feel like I missed out on the projects, as frustrating as it is.
Any suggestions? :stuck_out_tongue: I also thought about codecademy or udemy as an option but I love the fact that free code camp is free and there’s a lot of resources for help etc without having to pay subscriptions.

Any tips? :slight_smile: Thanks

you are not going to miss much at this time, as JavaScript is a completely different thing, not based on HTML/CSS (they will be combined later)
but it will not get better, JavaScript is a programming language, where not only there is a lot of new syntax, but also you need to learn the logic to solve algortithms

frustration is normal in programming, as in, it’s a normal state of being.

My suggestion is, take a break, and apply Read-Search-Ask method, if you need variety you can start the JS curriculum while you work on your projects. But remember, ask for help when you need it.

Awesome Ieahleen I really appreciate your advice! I will take some break and apply that method, I can only hope it will do me more good and expand my learning.
Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.