Thinking about quitting

i have had an extremely hard time with coding along with every other thing else there is no time to do anything and im not getting anything done learning is extremely hard it seems like every thing is stacked agenst me and it looks like there is no reason to learn to code any more

3 Likes

Dear babbeth,

I don’t know you, but I think you are more than capable to do this!

I hope, that the fact that you take your time to write down your feeling it’s a sing that deep down you know as well that you can do this!

If I can suggest something;

• Try to not to think of the big picture. I belive you already have more knowledge in the subject than when you started.
  • If you feel take a break dont push yourself to the breaking point.

I would like to quote Robert Tew.
“The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.”

I hope it helps.

3 Likes

Yes, it can feel overwhelming at times.
It’s a vast, complex subject and it’s tough to learn!
It takes time, patience and perseverance but it’s so worth the effort.
The best thing though is that you have countless people right here who can help you learn.
I learn every day just by being here, so do that.
Read, ask questions, let people help you figure out how get your head around it.

Fair enough. Remember that you can always come back to it. I often get stressed about money, and I often need to change jobs. This sets me back every time. It’s frustrating. I’ve also caught covid twice in a 12 month period, which is not fun.

You may need to manage your expectations. My guess is reality didn’t meet your expectations.

• If you think it is going to be easy, well it won’t.

• If you think it is going to be too difficult, you just won’t ever try it.

Hi @babbeth

I can relate. We all are different in regards to learning, doing, assimilating materials. We don’t have the time we would like to have because there are commitments (family, job, school, etc.) I decided to relax and do the best I can: A minimum of ten minutes coding in JS or Python… It doesn´t matter…

Yesterday I found a challenge that asked what was the output of this in JS:

let X = [ 1, 2, 10, 7] // or something similar
// What's the output of?
X.sort()

And I went “wtf?” (Pardon my French) after seeing the answer, and went out of my way to learn that in JS it doesn’t work as expected and that one should do: X.sort((a, b) => a - b)

:grimacing:

And it’s like that… 10 minutes of coding… Sometimes I manage more time, sometimes I don’t… But it’s OK… Take it easy, enjoy, learn, this is not a race…

```
Henry Ford — 'Whether you think you can , or you think you can’t–you’re right
```

• Take a week of break
  • Write down you life goals / priorities
  • Write down if you really enjoyed coding ?
  • Learn with other people ( coding / accountability buddies search in FCC or Frontend Mentor community )
  • Do daily meditation, exercises, good food, good sleep
  • Learn with pomodoro technique
  • Use flash cards

All the very best with your journey and don’t give up; life is hard for everyone across the globe

“It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!"

> ― Rocky balboa Sylvester Stallone

2 Likes

Realmente é difícil aprender, mas vc tem que ter paciência com vc mesmo, reservar um horário específico para os estudos

No seu caso(que também é o meu) acredito que o youtube é um bom amigo nessas horas, lá vc pode acompanhar os vídeos e ter mais segurança para fazer alguns projetos

Você também pode pausar ou diminuir a velocidade do vídeo no celular e executar as tarefas no playground ou no seu editor preferido

É sempre bom revisar os métodos

Um abraço! Não desista, porquê o prêmio é valioso demais!

:D
1 Like

gracias amiga todos me han ayudado mucho

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.