What is the difference between Responsive Web Design and Responsive Web Design (beta)?

what is the difference between Responsive Web Design and Responsive Web Design (beta)?
I have start learning Responsive Web Design a lot.
But there is Responsive Web Design (beta) too.
I do not understand which of them is more relevant for studying from the description of the courses.

Hi @w.spodobaew !

Welcome to the forum!

The beta version is the newest version of the curriculum.
It has 15 practice projects.
Once it comes out of beta, it will become the default Responsive Design Curriculum while the current one will be considered a legacy course.

With the current curriculum, it contains a series of individual challenges to teach you html and css. Then at the end you have 5 certification projects.

With the beta curriculum, you learn HTML and CSS by building practice projects.
The 5 certification projects are still the same in this beta version.

It is up to you which curriculum you want to do. Most people prefer to go through the beta version because it gives you way more practice with the concepts and will make it easier to build the 5 certification projects.
I also think the beta version is stronger :grinning:

Both curriculums teach the same concepts. Just in different ways.

When it comes to the certificate, the practice projects or the individual challenges are optional. The only thing that counts for claiming the certificate are the 5 required certification projects.

Here are the five required projects

1. Tribute page
  2. Survey form
  3. Product landing page
  4. Technical Document page
  5. Portfolio project

Hope that clears it up!

1 Like

Responsive web design (RWD) is a web development approach that creates dynamic changes to the appearance of a website, depending on the screen size and orientation of the device being used to view it. Responsive design relies on proportion-based grids to rearrange content and design elements.
Responsive web design (beta) is the updated and fast version of RWD. Both curriculums teach the same concepts. Just in different ways.